Last weekend I got a chance to visit Hyderabad. Was a quick tour, and had the privilege to attend Vamsi Bhargav and Sravanthi Sarabu’s wedding. They both were gr8 seniors at NITIE and also guided me immensely for Lakshya. It was a gr8 wedding, Hyderabadi ishtyle :-)
![]() |
| The couple crooning something in Telegu.. I cudnt understand… |
It was a gr8 get together for us NITIEans too… was wonderful to see Seniors and colleagues come together for this great occasion
Hyderabad is similar to Lucknow in many respects. The more I visit it, the more reinforced this idea gets in my thoughts. Be it the difference between the old city and the new, the roads, markets, public places, malls etc. – there exists a marked similarity. But one thing which really sets them apart is the airport: (the new one in Hyderabad)
It is picturesque to say at least.. and built a good 40 Kms away from the main city. Had a great experience in riding the aeroexpress shuttle bus service.
A thing which struck me that the route on which the bus shuttle was operating, it had a loooooooong flyover (at least 30 km) without the bus having the come on the ground level. This speaks volumes about the level of construction projects going on around in that region.
Another point: The waiting lounge of the airport had actually very less chairs to sit, but a great many shops, particularly of food. (A splendid marketing strategy). On one hand Pizza Hut was there, and so was a shop selling 2 Idlis for Rs. 75 (Fortunately I knew I would be getting meal in the flight itself.. so was spared from getting a hole burnt into my wallet for my gourmet desires)
![]() |
| The waiting lounge at the H'bad airport |
Hope to visit H’bad again soon. My other friend Phani Raja Sharma (the man who is making a killing by selling Automatic bowling machines) is from the same city, and will definitely kill me if I meet him on 15th March… Hope to be alive after that :P
C ya all !









